Student Ambassadors, The Design Lab
The Design Lab is recruiting several work-study positions for the Spring Quarter, including an exciting opportunity to act as the resident ambassador of the Design Lab.
As a Design Lab student ambassador, you will represent the Design Lab for any external or internal visitors, and support the day to day operation of the lab. Student ambassadors will have the opportunity to get in direct contact with researchers, staff, faculty, students, and postdocs in the lab to better understand their work and then be able to talk about it during on-site visits.
● Manage multiple projects relating to Design Lab programs, events, and daily operations. This includes developing and maintaining program logistics, brochures, website, etc.
● Represent the Design Lab in greeting visitors and valued guests and assisting and giving tours of the Design and Innovation Building (DIB).
● Collaborate with building manager to coordinate calendar events at the Design and Innovation building (DIB)
● Support Design Lab programming and events. Help with set up and break down for in-person events.
● Provide assistance with miscellaneous front desk duties
● Excellent organizational and communication skills
● Share a strong enthusiasm for Design Lab initiatives
● Work well with individuals and groups in a public environment
● Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population
● Must be able to work on-campus at the Design and Innovation building (DIB)
● Must be enrolled in work study for Spring 2022
Students must be enrolled in work study to be eligible for this position. For more information work study, please refer to the following links:
Please fill out the application form for this work-study position: https://forms.gle/SxXTBWcZL4KBLhZH6.
Applications close: APRIL 1st, 2022